Do you have hotel housekeeping experience?
Our client is a major hotel chain seeking a Housekeeping Manager. This position is temp-to-hire, paying $12.50/hour, with benefits upon permanent hire! You can apply for this Hot Job Right NOW:
- Inspection of rooms and cleanliness standards as well as minutes per room as defined by the brand standard.
- Assist in supervising and managing staff techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment used in the housekeeping department.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operations, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Follow and manage using hotel procedures and policies.
- Must be organized to maintain logs, bibles, checklist, and inventories as scheduled.
- Basic computer skills/experience: pull reports break out house, check house inventory.
- Will be asked to develop management skills: will assist with interviewing, training, coaching, motivating, counseling, discipline and termination process. Final decisions in all of these areas will be made by the General Manager.
- Payroll: assist ability to input payroll and maintain weekly reports.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Comply with all standards.
- Be able to multitask, remain service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and co-workers via various methods.
- Assist guest with issues; being professional and maintaining hospitable caring attitude.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and other department managers.
- Must be able to learn/use computer systems necessary to perform daily tasks.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping Team. This is accomplished through daily shift meetings and monthly department meetings. Maintain agendas and sign in sheets for these meetings.
- Inspect all areas of the hotel (rooms, public space, back of the house, grounds, etc.) to ensure sanitation, brand standards and all health and safety requirements are met.
- Supplies: Maintain the necessary items to effectively operate the housekeeping and laundry departments. This includes but not limited to guest loaned items (roll away beds, cribs, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.).
- May assist with monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and maintaining supplies. Assist with logging and processing invoices for payment. This will include coding, filing and inputting with oversight and final approval by the General Manager.
- Equipment: Ensure all items are in proper working order (vacuums, laundry equipment, carts, etc.).
- Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant basis.
- Training: Many tools are available for training. These include new hire orientation, ongoing training and brand and vendor training. It is the Housekeeping Manager’s responsibility to present these resources to all staff for continuous education.
- Labor: Assist with scheduling and working within the designated labor model.
- Guest: Privacy is an utmost concern.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure maintenance requests are initiated in a timely basis and the property is maintained in a like-new condition.
- Maintain a crisp, clean and professional appearance daily adhering to grooming and uniform standards.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image.
Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, available to work holidays and weekends as necessary in a 24/7 operation.