Our client is a national leader in the insurance brokerage business. The client is seeking an Employee Benefits Coordinator to work in their Employee Benefits Division. This position is open due to an internal promotion.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established firm and become part of an exciting team and company culture.
Experienced HR Benefits candidates who are interested in moving from HR into the Employee Benefits industry are encouraged to apply.
Strong organization skills, research and documentation skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required for success in this position.
The company offers great benefits and the compensation package is competitive. The office is centrally located and is convenient to Hinds, Madison, and Rankin County.
Read More: Employee Benefits Coordinator…
The Employee Benefits Coordinator supports Employee Benefits Advisors within the Employee Benefits Department. The major duties and responsibilities of the position include assisting the Employee Benefits Advisors at the time of new business placement or at renewal and as required throughout the year.
In this important position, your main responsibilities include keeping in close contact with new and existing clients via phone, office visits, and email about any changes in coverage, processing enrollment forms, and communicating any changes to the Employee Benefits Advisors and Producers.
Specific responsibilities include developing an ongoing relationship with clients, overseeing their coverage program, fulfilling client requests and assisting Employee Benefits Advisors and Producers as needed in disseminating benefit information to potential and existing group clients.
- Minimum two years’ experience in employee benefits, customer service or similar position with underwriting and/or health insurance background
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must obtain Life & Health License within 6 months of employment while maintaining a satisfactory employment record.
- Must be detail oriented, with strong presentation/communication skills, a professional appearance and demeanor, and eager to learn and become an Employee Benefits Advisor.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, multiple tasking and deadline sensitive environment.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written forms of communication.
- Previous experience using Word templates and performing spreadsheet analysis in Excel is preferred.
- Above average mathematical skills required.
- Proven ability to maintain and provide excellent customer service to assigned clients at all times.
To apply for this job on our job board, click here.