Do you love design and all things interior? Are you friendly and enjoy working with people? Take a look at this opportunity!
Our Client is a successful Interiors business located in the north Jackson area who is looking for an Interior Design Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will provide exceptional customer service to the established clientele of this luxury design store.
This is the perfect opportunity to begin a career in Interior Design or to expand your work experience in that field. Candidates who have taken some college credits in Interior Design are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturdays as needed, as well as be able to lift up to 20 pounds and regularly move catalog boxes and product around the retail store.
Read More: Interior Design Sales Assistant…
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with selling support and post-sale follow-up. This will require direct interface with clients including and not limited to: placing orders/replacing orders, quoting/pricing, resolving delivery issues, and special order completion.
- Meet and greet all clients as they enter the store, carefully listening to the clients’ ideas or projects to understand their needs, and offer suggestions.
- Expand the client’s connection to the team and store by encouraging them to get on the mailing list.
- Communicate and coordinate with potential and existing customers via phone, email, mail and in person regarding upcoming events, new and existing offers, answer questions about participation in any offer and resolve issues involving agreements, paperwork, payments, refund requests, etc.
- Assist in producing materials and tools for marketing and sales promotions; this includes supporting the Marketing Manager with images and product information for social media and web content.
- Receive new merchandise, restock, and maintain the sales floor according to merchandising guidelines. Assist the Merchandising Manager with regular showroom moves and window displays.
- Tag all furniture on the sales floor and ensure accurate vendor information and pricing.
- Maintain the appearance of the sales area by ensuring compliance with visual merchandising standards and directives.
- Generate sales and follow every transaction to completion for each potential client.
- Support management by providing a variety of administrative functions necessary for the daily operation of the business.
- Assist the team with building strong working relationships with clients, fellow associates, and corporate contacts.
- Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit.
- Attend meetings, share information with peers, and utilize the web and catalog.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for design, willingness to expand current knowledge base of designers and products while keeping up on latest trends within the design industry.
- 1-2 years of work experience in Interior Design or related educational experience
- 1-2 years of sales and/or retail experience
- Office Administrative experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail and process oriented – always willing to “go the extra mile”
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills, follow through skills both resourcefulness and creativity
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions
- Skilled at using Social Media and understands Marketing strategies
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Team player: co-operative, easily gains trust and support of peers and encourages collaboration
- Interested in self-development and is committed to continuous self-improvement
- Able to work M – F 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturdays as needed
- Good Computer Skills: Windows proficient, Knowledge of Google Mail and Docs as well as Windows Office Applications.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and regularly move catalog boxes and product around the retail store.
To apply for this job on our job board, click here.