Our client is a national leader in the insurance brokerage business. The client is seeking an experienced Employee Benefits Advisor to work in their Employee Benefits Division. This position is open due to relocation. This is a rare opportunity to join an established firm and become part of an exciting team and company culture.
Experienced HR Benefits candidates who are interested in moving from HR into the Employee Benefits industry are encouraged to apply.
Strong organization skills, research and documentation skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required for success this position.
The company offers great benefits and the compensation package is competitive. The office is centrally located and is convenient to Hinds, Madison, and Rankin County.
Read More: Employee Benefits Advisor…
The Employee Benefits Advisor serves the liaison between the insurance carriers, group clients, and Employee Benefits Producers.
The major duties and responsibilities of the position include reviewing existing benefits to determine best coverage alternatives when necessary, maintaining open lines of communication with clients and the Employee Benefits Producer regarding changes to existing coverage, processing enrollment and change forms, etc.
You will also work with carriers to obtain group premiums, enrollment contracts and group coverage agreements when necessary and submit these to the insurance carrier for processing.
- Minimum two years of experience in employee benefits, customer service or similar position with underwriting and/or health insurance background.
- Strong presentation skills combined with the ability to talk to all levels of employees and explain their benefits packages in an easily understandable way.
- Demonstrated understanding of employee benefit programs and coverage.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written forms of communication.
- Previous experience using Word templates and performing spreadsheet analysis in Excel is preferred.
- Above average mathematical skills also required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must obtain Life & Health License within 6 months of employment while maintaining a satisfactory employment record.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, multiple tasking and deadline sensitive environment.
To apply for this job on our job board, click here.