Our client is a successful company located in the greater Jackson area. The Controller reports to the company’s President. The Controller role is a career opportunity that will be an important part of the management team. Having an “operations” mindset, with a strong desire to understand the story behind the numbers is crucial to the success in this position and with the company.
Read More: Controller…
- Personnel management
- Employee benefits
- Accounting (P & L Statements)
- Managing the Accounting Department
- Contract and Vendor Negotiations
- Integrity of the highest degree
- A long term view
- A utility player mentality that generates innovative solutions to solve work challenges and identify opportunities
- A confident, friendly, positive attitude that shows everything you do as a welcome opportunity to learn more about our company
- An ability to treat confidential material appropriately
- Experience in building relationships with individuals throughout an organization
- Experience with coaching and motivating a team
- Strong internal collaboration and emotional intelligence skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize effectively
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Require a B.S. in either accounting or finance from an accredited university. Prefer a graduate degree and/or CPA certification.
- At least 5 years of related work experience required, including significant management experience.
- Prior experience with modernizing and streamlining accounting systems is a plus.
What’s In It for You
- The position is located in the greater Jackson, Mississippi, and involves very limited travel.
- Normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm, plus additional hours as needed. Great for work/life balance.
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits
- A career opportunity with an established, stable company.
To apply for this job on our job board, click here.